Saturday, October 2, 2010

Headache or Hellache?

View Image Headache or Hellache?

I find this image disturbing - disturbing in a sense that when I look at it I think to myself "this is me!" I originally intended to search yahoo for a simple picture depicting a "headache" but came across this picture of what I am going to call a "hellache"... The pain and torment of this illustration out weighs - out blows - the pain and torment of the temple throb I feel on the left side of my face/head. I am finding it very hard to even look at to be quite honest but I know I must look at it. I know I must look at it because deep down inside I know I must face the emotions that are arising.

Reactions, many reactions:
A genderless image, a frail frame, weak posture, underweight, trapped and torture, head in hell or is that hell in head, about to break - living in mistake...living while dying.

Hold up. Let me say this again. I was not expecting this on this fine Saturday morning. I had no intentions of seeing this image or writing this blog entry. I have plans for a splendid sunshine Bible study with Mom in a few hours and some caring company but then this shows up during an innocent image search. I was thinking maybe the biggest blow might be a photo of a hammer to the head to articulate a headache but no my friends... this image goes beyond that. This is not a headache at all. This is a hellache and in response I am feeling heartache.

I do not want to get in too deep (in too emotional) this early in coming back to this blog. I am not ready for that and need to respect these feelings. I am, however, going to have to process some of these emotions in private with the Lord which I am going to go do here during spiritual stretching and prayer/meditation walk and talk time with God. I do this every morning but this morning I will focus more on these issues since I am face to face with them right now.

Maybe you are emotionally overwhelmed today too and need some comfort of Christ? For us I have a special gift: some selective Scripture sharing : ) Keyword: COMFORT! Your job? Read, absorb, embrace and give thanks. There is hope in the healing of the Lord. God bless you all today and always. May your hearts delight in the Lord and find the Peace of Jesus.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7


"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. "For My yoke is easy, and My load is light." Matthew 11:28-30


'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; who comforts us in all our affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ." 2 Corinthians 1:3-5