Friday, October 8, 2010

Patches.

The little bear that could...

not keep his emotions silenced.

To sit in silence is like dwelling in duct tape. It's almost midnight and my fingers told me they need a good chat before bed. They have much to say (type) and need someone to listen.

Earlier I came across a video that really upset me. The vulgar and sinful nature of it disturbed me and hurt my heart for the Lord. I have been noticing a lot of lack of care or respect for God coming from people - in public and online. It's as if people just don't care about the Lord nor wish to hear about Him or have anything to do with Him. It's very sad to see and hurts like a brick to the belly.

I wanted to react to this video. I wanted to roll my tongue and remembered this is not Christ like. The Lord helped me tame my tongue this time, glory to Him for that. Then I thought I might leave Scripture but I knew my intentions were not 100 percent in line with this gesture and declined. One of the scriptures I am referring to is Ephesians 4:29:

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

So, I prayed over this person, and a few others, and decided it would be best for God to have the say so here - not me. Who am I to judge? dictate? decide? We can influence each other but we can't save each other. When it all boils down to it, God is the only one that can truly judge us.

Psalm 75:7

It is God alone who judges; he decides who will rise and who will fall.

Mankind's opinion really shouldn't matter. The only real opinion that should matter is God's yet people are so gung-ho on what other's think... sometimes more concerned with what others think than what God Himself thinks. Somethings have really been corrupted. Why are we not one body in Christ like the Bible says? Why is there so much separation? Things seem to look more like a body with amputated limbs than a wholesome, solid, strong body working together to survive.

Romans 12:4-5

4Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

It's kind of like a patchwork quilt. If all of God's people were all loose patches - even if similar we all are of our own uniqueness that God created us to be - who would make the quilt? The sewer is God and He designs the quilt. He patches us together and in the end a beautiful blanket of diversity is formed. It's up to us to keep our threads strong, to keep connected and I don't just mean to one another but to God. It's crucial we stay connected to Christ. There are no God breaks or vacations! We must do our parts to remain in tact for the Lord - to love, serve and obey Him. There are great promises and rewards in return for His humble, obedient people.

Deuteronomy 7:9:

Understand, therefore, that the LORD your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands.

If any of this moved you then how about digging deeper and try taking on a solo assignment to further complete with Christ. Our assignment is to think of ourselves as patches of God's quilt. How are we representing ourselves? are we worthy of God's quilt? would we make a good addition to it? if not, how can we? Think about where you need improvements and pray over the ones you don't see. The Holy Spirit will show you. Don't be afraid to ask God for change. God can change anyone and anything. Don't give up hope. He can transform the most misplaced mind and soften the hardest of hearts.

Romans 12:2

2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Ezekiel 36:26

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.