Sunday, October 10, 2010

spill.

i am feeling... disconnected, disoriented and deranged. now, in order to make sure i am using the proper word, "deranged", i am going to go look up the definition of it. it's one of those words, yes indeed one of those words that is like "so totally 80s" but so totally what i think i am feeling right now. so sit tight while i go adventure dictionary.com...

it must be a d-thang because words coming up in definition include: disorder, disturb (the condition of) and disarrange. they also charm-fully (rolls eyes) throw in "to make insane" ... lovely.

ever feel that insatiable hunger for attention? like no matter what you are wanting, needing and wishing. you want to just leap into someone'a arms, anyone's arms, and say "hug me-hug me-hug me... love-me, love-me, love-me!" i guess what i am saying is that today i feel vulnerable and lonely. i have identified these feelings and was given a red flag (thank you Holy Spirit) to remind me that the world can't feed me the way Christ can. i can fill up my cup with the world but will never be satisfied for true soul satiety comes only through and from Christ. now all these great verses are popping in my head and i can feel the company and comfort of Christ already.

John 6:35
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

John 4:13-14
13Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Matthew 5:6
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Psalm 107:9
For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things.

Psalm 63:5
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

nothing like a good Christ-cure. God's Word is so perfect. reading those verses right now is like taking a double dose of RX prescribed by Dr. God Himself. thank YOU LORD!

tonight i need to center. first, i'm changing the d-thang to a c-thang. i'm replacing all those d-words and devil's depression to c-thangs like Christ, candles and a cute clean Comcast comedy tonight for cheer. maybe some dante cuddles too but boy needs a bath, he is stinking right now.he will get one this new week ahead, no worries. as winnie the pooh would say, "oh bother" - i think this means i could use some cuddling even if he's a stink pot right now. ha, in the end we can both be stinky all for the sake of love : )

sounds like a solid plan. amazing what a little spilling can do and even more amazing how a few scriptures can really clean things up. thanks again God!