Wednesday, October 13, 2010

share & tell.

Earlier I wrote my Mom an important email with some serious stuff that needed to be said.

One of her replies (in response to the eating disorders I deal with and many health consequences and disabilities from them) included the sentence, "I know your life is a living hell."

When I read this I instantly jumped back and though to myself "No it's not! My life is a living SHARE AND TELL!"

Pessimism or positism - now that is the question. The way you view life reflects the way you live and will continue to live it. It also contributes to the ways you view yourself. My Mom is a very positive person so this comment caught me off guard. However, we all have our meltdowns and question our faith. We must try our hardest to keep our faith STRONG. The Lord will not give up on us so let's not give up on Him either.

1 Corinthians 15:13
"Remain alert. Keep standing firm in your faith. Keep on being courageous and strong."

Romans 15:1
"So those of us who have a strong [faith] must be patient with the weaknesses of those whose [faith] is not so strong. We must not think only of ourselves."

Hebrews 10:22
"--- let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water."

Deuteronomy 31:6
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

I called my Mom to tell her my little lingo (living share & tell bit) and she absolutely loved it! I said, "Mom, my life is not a living hell... it's a living SHARE & TELL which means I am living to share all the healing the Lord grants me so that I can share His healing powers with others in hopes of helping them (by the grace of God - whatever we can do to bring others to the Lord and who doesn't adore a good praise report?!) too!" She loved it so much she had me repeat my sappy-but-happy-spiel! I think at that moment in time both our hearts skipped a rhythmic beat in sweet sequence with one another. It was touching.

Speaking of touching, I want to share this You Tube video with you. If you have not heard of Nick Vujicic than you really need to. He inspires me - beyond words - to live a life of gratitude to the Lord. He's living a life without limbs that he views as positive not problematic. The Lord has gifted this man in so many ways and he has opened his heart and life to share & tell with others.

Watch this, you will be glad you did.

The message is clear.