Sunday, February 21, 2010

train a child up.

Proverbs 22:6

"Train a child up in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."

This passage always moves my Mom and I. I feel it's so true. I sat here today thinking about how much I feel my past and how I was raised Christian has effected me throughout my life. I truly feel that being raised Christian and being a strong believer as a child (I was praying and laying hands on kids at school who were sick as early as kindergarten!) really BUILT up my spiritual backbone. No matter how many years I went astray I will had that Spiritual Spine keeping me standing. Surely I have at points in my life questioned God's existence, who hasn't? Questioning is part of the process, it's how we find our answers and for me those answers can only be found through God and His Word. I feel very connected to both again and realized how when I am walking with God I have a lot more gratitude, positive energy and outlook, dignity and respect for myself, others and God's Creation! It is a very humble feeling and encourages me to want to be the best servant I can be for my Lord. I want to be able to endure ANY amount of pain for God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit. Some may not understand what I mean by this but it is the passion of Christ I desire, a passion so hot it's on fire! I often visualize myself face to ground, weeping tears of gratitude, joy and repentance at Christ's feet... a serious matter... a serious moment. I want to feel confident walking barefoot on open glass (approach any and every obstacle with blind faith that God will guide me through) for God and if I shall bleed know that the blood shows ENDURANCE just as Christ endured so much for us, more than we could EVER endure for Him. We must return it. We must give Him glory and praise, follow His Holy ways. In my opinion the root of CHRISTian religion is CHRIST LIKE LOVE. It really all boils down to receiving and giving God's love.

You know that saying WWJD? What Would Jesus Do? It's no joke, no laughing matter. I really feel we can apply it to situations in our lives to act more Christ like - to follow His ways and God's rules. I can't speak for all Christians but I've noticed pure and genuine gestures of love from those who are Christian and actively walking with God. There is a vibe of radiant energy and you can tell, you just KNOW, that person is Spirit filled and THRILLED. Faith and the peace of Jesus keep people content to an extent that it shows. I find it SO motivating to see people sharing their testimonies about how God is working for them, in them and through them! We are all know different - no better or worse than one another - so if He can do it for one then He can certainly do it for another! Amen to that!!! God is great!

In closing I want to add that I just finished the movie "The Moment After" about The Rapture. I REALLY enjoyed it. I loved the messages in it and when I heard "I have a message for you, Jesus loves you" I started to cry. It touched me so deep. At the end of the video they play a song I had not heard before and absolutely LOVE it! It's called "People Get Ready" by Crystal Lewis. Here is a video with a picture of our blessed Prince of Peace & lyrics to the song! May it move you too...


1 Corinthians 15:51-54
51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."